Let your mobile fly (Haz volar tu móvil)
Viral advertising with more than 1.500.000 views.For the pepephone launching I devised this viral campaign based in Youtube. It was a video contest of flying mobiles phones. Can a mobile fly?
pepephone is an mobile operator that gives you back all the money you spend with your mobile to use it to buy airplane tickets. It´s the mobile operator that flies. You can see more about pepephone.
A low cost campaign.pepephone is a low cost company. It means that they have a very reduced budget yo invest on advertising. pepephone wanted to do an viral advertising campaign with a low cost production for making some noise blogs, forums... Internet users are potencial target of pepephone, since internet is its main distribution channel.
Astroturfing.Astroturfing is a neologism for formal public relations campaigns in advertising which seek to create the impression of being spontaneous "grassroots" behavior, hence the reference to the artificial grass, AstroTurf. We produced 4 amateur 30" videos flying cell phones to start the actions with some contents in the website.
Teaser actions.Offline advertising support were also done for launching the campaign. For example, all pepecar.com fleet had during the campaign months this stickers.
And the winners is...Pedro Garcia de la Rosa won the hazvolartumovil.com contest with 311.468 views of different users.
- 1.500.000 views by different users on YouTube.
- 47 videos uploaded by different contestants.
- Hundreds of blogs mentioned our campaign.
- Mass media mentions like Antena 3 Noticias (national news broadcasting). Pablo Lago was interviewed for a news segment about viral advertising and broadcasted it on prime time.
- It was selected as one of the 10 best viral marketing campaign in Spain